Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

On Friday for whatever reason I found myself possesed to throw in my DVD copy of Wall Street. Great idea. Every time I watch that movie it just gets better. The movie seems particularly fitting now with all of the PE buyout activity going on. In fact, as I mentioned in my Dueling Fools article on private equity, there is talk going around that there is, in fact, another Wall Street in the making (some have told me that's a contrary indicator).

While I can't speak to how Wall Street 2 is going to turn out, I highly suggest that anyone that can get their hands on it should re-watch Wall Street.

At the end of the day Gekko was right -- it's information that will allow you to invest successfully. You have to have an edge on the guy that's selling what you're buying, or vice versa. Of course I'd also argue that you don't have to use illegal or ill-gotten information in order to do that.

Or am I still just as naïve as Bud Fox was at the beginning of the movie?

-Kopp

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.