No. of Recommendations: 2
So I think I have a working system for me to deal with magazines piling up. Plus I've come up with a possible solution for the comics.

Magazines:

I have an upright magazine file on my desk. All new magazines for me go into it. When I start reading them, I pull them out and cut off the label. Since I frequently read magazines at the gym, when I finish my magazine I drop it off at their magazine rack. Which I think other people might appreciate since most of the magazines there are free local magazines (giant ads) or a few fitness magazines. Now they can read The Economist or National Geographic, etc.

Comics:

My husband tends to let comics pile up before he bags them and puts them into boxes. This causes problems. First, shiny comic piles have a tendency to slide and fall. Second, we have pets, who don't care what they knock over or puke on. Third, it's just unsightly. So I'm going to head to The Container Store later and buy a small magazine case (holds them flat) for him to store his comics in until he bags them. I do want to talk to him about the sheer number of comics. He either needs to come up with a better storage solution then the long boxes, or clear some of them out. The boxes don't really have a place to go other then "on the floor" which doesn't cut it for me. I know he will compare them to my hardback book collection, but my books are on shelves and I do reread them.

Lara Amber
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.