No. of Recommendations: 0
I got my credit card bill after the due date, I sent it in the day i received it but they charged me $29.00 for the late payment fee and another $2.90 for intrest on the late payment fee, can they charge intrest on a fee they havent yet billed me for? I am going to write them a letter asking for these charges to be removed what should i say in my letter? Do I have any chance of getting these charges taken off? My address changed that was one factor in the bill arriving late, should i mention that in my letter? Please help!!

Thanks,
Abe
Print the post Back To Top
I got my credit card bill after the due date, I sent it in the day i received it but they charged me $29.00 for the late payment fee and another $2.90 for intrest on the
late payment fee, can they charge intrest on a fee they havent yet billed me for? I am going to write them a letter asking for these charges to be removed what should
i say in my letter? Do I have any chance of getting these charges taken off? My address changed that was one factor in the bill arriving late, should i mention that in
my letter? Please help!!

Instead of writing the letter, you should just call and ask them to remove the charges. If this is the first time you've been late, they should drop the charges without any problems. Just make sure they have the correct address for future mailings.
Abe,

Like another poster said, you can try calling them and getting the late fee removed if you haven't been late in the past. Never hurts to try.

However, like others on the board will tell you, never wait for a bill to arrive to pay the bill. It is your responsibility to make sure the credit card is paid on time, not the companies. If you don't get a bill, call the number on the back of the card, or on another statement, get the payment info (minimum due or whole balance, payment address, etc) and send the payment before the due date.

Jake
Abe,
Before I discovered the wonderful world of online banking, the same used to happen to me. I had a decent grace period, so I didn't get dinged much, but when I did ,I called and explained the situation to them. Just be very nice to whomever you speak to! Make sure to let them know if there are any special circumstances that might have made the mail late (recent blizzard, local post office shut down, etc.) They should remove them for you, but they aren't obligated to do so. If the phone call doesn't work, I'd send a letter with an explanation. Also consider asking them if they have online bill pay, and you may even get them to change your payment due date if, say, you're paid on the 15th but the bill's due on the 2nd. If it's due a few days after you're paid each month, it's easier to keep track of it and get it paid on time(at least it was for me!)
No. of Recommendations: 1
Just wanted to say...AWESOME screen name...The sausage king!
I got my credit card bill after the due date, I sent it in the day i received it but they charged me $29.00 for the late payment fee and another $2.90 for intrest on the
late payment fee, . . . . . .
Instead of writing the letter, you should just call and ask them to remove the charges. If this is the first time you've been late, they should drop the charges without any problems. Just make sure they have the correct address for future mailings.

================
Nomination FOR FAQ page.
Its a common one.

joycets