No. of Recommendations: 0
Gigi,

re: Reverse stock split.

This is the opposite of a stock split, in which a company increases its outstanding shares by a set multiple. For example, if a company announces a reverse stock split of 1:100, this means that once the split occurs, investors will receive one share for every 100 shares they own.

http://finance.zacks.com/reverse-stock-split-good-bad-2298.h...

If you own a stock and it announces a Reverse Stock Split, SELL in time before the announced date. If you like the stock you can then buy back in.

Because I haven't been paying attention, I have lost lots of money in the process on several stocks.

ETF's has to be watched all the time.

TWTR is one of biggest loser. Even though TWTR is a good stock I have to wait until it gets back to 61.00.

If a stock splits normally where you get extra shares as I have done with GMCR and SBUX is a bonus because the company is doing an excellent job and would like to share it the wealth process.

Hope this can help

Quill -
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.