Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Ginko

I realize I forgot to tell you to sugar coat it, but………… Seriously, I thank you for the honest reply. Why are they letting me go? Maybe my ego is in the way here, but I don’t know unless it’s the age and salary level thing. I’m at least 10 years older than anyone they are keeping and a little better compensated than most. I know the company was not aware (and maybe still are not) of the competitor who wants to open up in the area where I used to be a branch manager. I grew that office 12 fold in 5 years and it won office of the year 4 years in a row. I did that through relationships I built in this community over 35 years. The relationships are still there and many of the employees would (I believe) follow me.

I recently have had two companies inquire about me for CEO/President positions, but both would require distant relocation. I’m a family man first and with all of my children, grandchildren and aging parents within 30 miles---I’m not going anywhere.

If the severance package isn’t good enough or is too restrictive, I’ll politely decline and take the best job available for me and my family.

Even though it hurts, as you point out, to realize that they do not think I’m invaluable, I am not the vindictive type. I will not take a job just to stick it to them (although I’m not above using that possibility for a little leverage) 

Jim
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.