Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Given it closed at close to $199, and the price offering is $195....and there is now a dilution of shares, does this constitute a "story change"?

I only consider "story changes" to relate to the company, with respect to what the company and its leaders do and how well they do that. In that context, the most important thing here is to understand why they're raising money. It's in the third bullet of the very brief link in your post:

Net proceeds will be used for business expansion and other general corporate purposes.

'Business expansion' is good, but 'other corporate purposes' is vague. For example, if it's to pay down debt and the company is not yet profitable, maybe not so good. Note also that the article has been revised since the OP due to high demand, and the offering went through at 13.2M shares. As far as dilution goes, with about 494M shares outstanding as of 10/31/20, this one doesn't look problematic to me. I think you're taking the right approach.

-n8 (no position)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.