Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am out-of-schhol, with loans serviced by UNIPAC and IDAPP, both of whom offer consolidation loans, neither of which I imagine will be willing to match Direct's terms. However, based on Direct's web page and the discussion here (although not what I was told by Direct on the phone, although that's another story), I must give UNIPAC or IDAPP (or both?) a chance to match Direct's terms.

What is involved in that? Is it as simple as calling them up and asking? Do I need to get something in writing? Help please ...

Sharon
Print the post Back To Top
Hello,

I am not really sure on this. I think that Direct will make that decision. I have spoken to my prior lender, and they are not offering the 0.8% reduction, and I am taking that as gospel and trying to go to direct. I would just call them, if they say no, then submit a consolidation loan package to Direct and hold your breath for a while.

Good luck.

mjk
I need to give sallie mae a "chance" to compete with direct. how do I do this?