No. of Recommendations: 44
What else is new?

I caught the tail end of his radio show this morning, and then listened to an ad by one of his sponsors that followed. It was an ad for how to beat the IRS out of taxes owed.

Say what?

Basically, the ad touted how to escape paying back taxes owed by having this outfit help you.

A guy in the example owed (as I recall) $90,000, and had not paid his taxes for six years. This company supposedly enabled him to settle with the IRS for $4,500. He then happily said how he felt good to be out from under and "guilt free".

Guilt free? When he had not paid his income taxes for six years, and had now escaped his debt except for $4,500?

Tell me how this differs from all the "lazy lefties, looking for something for nothing" whom Beck always hollers about!?

This is different, huh? (Not.)

Beck, you're a hypocrite for happily accepting sponsorship by this outfit.

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
the ad touted how to escape paying back taxes owed by having this outfit help you.

Ronnie Deutsche (sp?) used to have similar commercials--until she ran into tax trouble. LOL !!! And so it goes...
No. of Recommendations: 4
I'd rather have a hypocrite stinking up the radio waves than a hypocrite stinking up the White House.
No. of Recommendations: 38
I'd rather have a hypocrite stinking up the radio waves than a hypocrite stinking up the White House.

Me too. Fortunately, we kept Romney out of the White House so now we can address the radio waves. Of course, given the level of advertiser withdrawal from Rush, that problem should resolve itself fairly soon as well.
No. of Recommendations: 5
In our cafeteria at work they alternate the TV every other week between CNN and Faux. Faux has LOTS of ads about "getting the IRS off your back" and "stopping IRS foreclosure" (that and William Devane trying to sell us gold "because gold has never been worth zero").

I assume the advertisers figured out their demographic and chose Faux accordingly based on target audience. IMO, speaks volumes about the Faux audience.

1poorguy
No. of Recommendations: 2
I caught the tail end of his radio show this morning, and then listened to an ad by one of his sponsors that followed. It was an ad for how to beat the IRS out of taxes owed.

This isn't hypocritical of him in any way. It's completely consistent.

He believes that you have to pay what you are required to pay, but he doesn't believe in paying taxes at all, and that doing so is essentially highway robbery perpetuated by the government under the threat of imprisonment.

Therefore, if this guy settled with the IRS (meaning, the IRS accepted the deal), then the guy should be guilt-free, as he has paid what he was "required" to, (albeit after the fact) and better yet, he got away with only a fraction of what was owed... meaning closer to the ideal of zero.

If your original position is that you owe the government nothing, and whatever you pay is taken by coercion, then this is perfectly consistent.

Doesn't make him right, but it doesn't make him a hypocrite.

GSF
No. of Recommendations: 4
Me too. Fortunately, we kept Romney out of the White House so now we can address the radio waves.

The hypocrite currently stinking up the White House is named Barack H. Owebama.
No. of Recommendations: 3

It sure as hell doesn't make him a patriot.
No. of Recommendations: 1
GSF:

Okay -- how about "It makes him a nut case"?

Vermonter
Okay -- how about "It makes him a nut case"?

I never considered for a moment that THAT statement wouldn't be true.

GSF
No. of Recommendations: 2
"Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the treasury. There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes. Over and over again the Courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everyone does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands."

Learned Hand (1872-1961), Judge, U. S. Court of Appeals, in the case of Gregory v. Helvering 69 F.2d 809, 810 (2d Cir. 1934), aff'd, 293 U.S. 465, 55 S.Ct. 266, 79 L.Ed. 596 (1935)

Courtesy of CC
No. of Recommendations: 1
What else is new?

Say what?

Basically, the ad touted how to escape paying back taxes owed by having this outfit help you.

A guy in the example owed (as I recall) $90,000, and had not paid his taxes for six years. This company supposedly enabled him to settle with the IRS for $4,500. He then happily said how he felt good to be out from under and "guilt free".

Guilt free? When he had not paid his income taxes for six years, and had now escaped his debt except for $4,500?

Tell me how this differs from all the "lazy lefties, looking for something for nothing" whom Beck always hollers about!?

This is different, huh? (Not.)

Beck, you're a hypocrite for happily accepting sponsorship by this outfit.

Vermonter

Wow, you are typically at least a small step above intcst and annieswhatever etc

Seriously?

If you folks were any more desperate to prove you are not as bad as you are through fake outrage at others, it might be a productive use of your collective's time.

GSF

LOL!

So true.

Peter
No. of Recommendations: 3
Beck is pretty twisted, but he isn't a dumb guy. He is very well read, and intelligent. Twisted, ethically and morally speaking, but he is intelligent. Beck understands perfectly well that to keep his very nice income flowing, he has to be bizarre, tear his eyes up every now and then, say something about 'love of country' or 'founding fathers', and pretend that money isn't really what motivates him. If he does that well, the crazies keep buying his books, watching his shows, and rewarding his advertisers. Nice gig, as long as he can sleep at night.

Weasels are smart.
Oh please illuminate us on his "Twisted, ethically and morally speaking"?

Because, I am sure Mr. Know it all isn't talking out his a$$!