No. of Recommendations: 4
Dear Santa

How are you and your family
May God bless you all
My name is Glen Snell JR
I live with Grandma my mom and dad are in jail I go to see my mom sometimes. For xmas I wish I could see my Dad. Santa I would like A scotter or bike wrestling men or remote Truck or car

[At bottom of page, in adult's writing:
"Clothes size
pants 5X
shirt 5X
shoes 11" ]
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Poor Glen, his letter has no threads after it. I'm guessing from the sizes and the grammar in the letter that Glen's between 4-7. Other than hollisv's offer of a shirt (yay!), things have been kind of quiet on this one. I'm hoping to get to Target and to a toy store tomorrow, so I'll try and scope out the possibilities. Clothes for Glen will certainly help Grandma out, but I'd like to get a toy or two to make his Christmas merry as well. I'll see if there's anything reasonable in the way of remote control cars, but otherwise I'm thinking a few matchbox cars and a book or two. Any other ideas? Guesses as to age?

Hilary
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hilary -

I am also guessing Glen is between 4 and 7 years. I thought about this little guy all night. If you can find the Remote Control car (usually you can get pretty inexpensive ones at Radio Shack), I will take on some jeans and shoes. If I get them at Wal-Mart, perhaps the grandma can exchange them if they don't fit. I have heard of 6X, but not 5X. Guess I will learn something at Wal Mart.

Thanks for pointing out Radio Shack -- I don't know that I would have thought to look there, and they do seem to have great prices from their web site. Soooo... I'm going to try to make a Radio Shack trip this week and get a radio-control car and batteries for Glen.

Hilary
Re: The 5X shirt i'm supposed to buy Glen...

I really, really want to get him something but i couldn't find ANYTHING labeled "5X"! (I didn't even see the "6X" someone else mentioned.) Not knowing his age - or anything about kids' clothes - i didn't know what to do. I looked in toddlers and boys - nuthin'.

I assume since he can write that he's not a toddler, so i figured 5X and 5T were not the same! I still want to buy something for him but need some guidance! Boys' sizes were mostly S, M, L, etc. The 5 implies small, but the X implies extra-large...

What's an elf to do??? Please help!!! Many thanx! :)

hollisv
who luckily had no trouble buying the other kids' presents
"wrestling men"

Would that be action figures? I can cover that!
OK, one radio-control car for Glen. I'll stop and get batteries for it on my way home tonight...

Bookgrrl, I'll need your address to send stuff to (I'm still looking into things for the other letters...)

Hilary
No. of Recommendations: 3
OK, I got Glen a radio-control car, batteries for it, and a bright green turtleneck shirt.

Hilary
I got Glen 2 pairs of jeans (size 5, not 5X - didn't see such a thing but holding them up to 6 and 6X, the 6X was longer and the waist sizes between 5 and 6 was about 1/2 inch) and a cool pair of athletic shoes, size 11 1/2. The note mentioned shoes should be 11" but MY shoes are 11" and I can't imagine any child wearing a size 5 wearing 11" shoes. I stopped several parents with kids who looked to be about 5 years old and asked what size shoes their kids wore. They were all about size 11-12, so I went with it. I bought them all at Wal Mart so, hopefully the grandmother will be able to exchange them if necessary.

Question: Should I send along the receipt for the stuff in an envelope for the grandmother or will Wal Mart exchange stuff without a receipt? Have never had to exchange anything there.
I went to WalMart to get the "wrestle men" but they were out, so I'm going to make a pass at Target today. Maybe I'll get another pair of shoes-the next size up, so he can grow into them.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all:

I'd like to help with Glen, too.

I thought I'd go to Target to see if I have any luck with wrestling men, too. If he's like my 8 year old nephew he could probably get 10 of these and be happy!!!

I will also check for clothes and any other wrestling accessories (maybe they have shirts with wrestlers on them, too). I'll see if there's some fun little stuff like candy, etc. I can add. I'll report back.

Someone asked about including tags so the grandma could return things. What does everyone think about that? Leave the tags on??

Thanks!

sandiegowriter
I'd definitely leave the tags on, although you could cut off the part where the price is. Target tags often have a tear off piece with that so it's easy. Kids don't know the difference, and it would certainly help Grandma. I'd say go ahead and give the gift receipt as well. This really helps because if they return an item and it's been discounted, they can only get the discount price. But if they have the receipt, they get the price you paid.

I'd put the gift receipt (Target and just about everyone else gives these) for all these kids in an envelope with the package and address it to the child's guardian.

Selphiras
Here are the ones I got, so we don't duplicate: Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. They were the only names I recognized. They are on sale-mine rang up at $4.99.
Dear Santa

How are you and your family
May God bless you all
My name is Glen Snell JR
I live with Grandma my mom and dad are in jail I go to see my mom sometimes. For xmas I wish I could see my Dad. Santa I would like A scotter or bike wrestling men or remote Truck or car

I have a Scooter!!! A few weeks ago a friend asked me to find a scooter for her kid. I happened to find the "Razor" brand on line for $14.95 so I ordered 2. (I just can't pass up a deal!) I thought of it immediately when I read little Glen's letter. I didn't mention it because I had never ordered from this store before and I really wasn't sure what I would get.

I can't believe it! Last year I ran all over town trying to find this thing for my niece's birthday. It was all she wanted but I refused to pay the $100 it was going for. I got up a 6am to get one on special for $59. bookgrrrl, I'll be sending this to you for delivery. Should I wrap it?

If anyone still wants to get little Glen something. I think a safety helmet & pads would go perfectly. I can't, because I'm trying to see what I can give, without spending any new funds.

Elf Lee
That rocks! I just got safety pads. If someone wants to get a helmet, I would suggest a GC for the correct emount. It needs to fit properly...
Hi Morgaine1:

Bummer! I was gone all day and went shopping and those are EXACTLY the ones I got for the same reason. Oh well. . . I also got Glen a sweater that was on sale from $15 to $10. I'll guess I'll return the action figures wrestlers and either get him something else or just mail the sweater and some candy.

sandiegowriter 8)
who is tired from facing the malls and Target on the same day
Sandie, I just responded to your email. You can send yours to Glen-I will give mine to Toys for Tots. Or maybe I'll send them to Cordero!
Sandie, I just responded to your email. You can send yours to Glen-I will give mine to Toys for Tots. Or maybe I'll send them to Cordero!

I was about to reply to sandie's message as well -- I think Chastity's twin brother (I was going to type Cordero, but isn't it Charles that is the brother and Cordero that is staying with the family?) would love them. Yeah, they might be a little "childish" for him, but it sounds like he could use a little extra childhood at this point.

Hilary
Thanks for the input morgaine1 and Hilary. I will go ahead and wrap up my two wrestlers for Glen. It sounds like morgaine will either send to Cordero or Charles or give to Toys for Tots. Thanks so much for being flexible!!! I so appreciate not having to return to Target. 8)))

sandiegowriter
whose real name is April but kind of likes the "Sandie" nickname just the same (san diego writer) 8)
Update:

Got Glen a "S - 6/7" green turtleneck last night at Target, wrapped it up and mailed it to bookgrrrl today!

However, i forgot to get a gift receipt...arrgh!

hollisv
hoping both her packages arrive soon
Mailed out the Scooter today.

Elf Lee