Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
 
No. of Recommendations: 0
I was re-reading your posts and now I am confused. You stated that Amazon had 92% of the market in the first quarter, 60% of the market in the second quarter, and an estimated 42% of the market in the third quarter. Is the second quarter number you stated a real number or an estimate?

Of course, if 60% of the market is an actual number, then Merrill Lynch cannot copyright it. You could tell us what other companies hold the 40% of the market, and we could try to figure out why there was such a marked change from first quarter to second.

I appreciate your response, by the way, and I don't mean to badger you.

Taylor
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
>Amazon had 92% of the market in the first quarter, >60% of the market in the second quarter, and an >estimated 42% of the market in the third quarter.

The first two numbers are fact, you can dig them up in Merrill's report. The last number is an estimate made by Merrill for the upcoming quarter, and just like Scientology they can copyright something as arcane as an "estimate", just so they can sue someone if they start posting the stuff on a mass scale on the internet. After all, big clients pay big money for that number.

Amazon's marketshare has been cut in half in the last 9 months. The total volume for all book sales has increased so it's easy for Amazon to fudge their numbers and make it look like everything is OK. However, Bezos can't keep his finger stuck in the hole forever. Eventually the dam will break. If not for rampant market manipulation, it would have broken long ago.

Amazon's entire key to success (and I define success the same way the insiders do- keeping a high stock price while I unload my shares to the public) is to make sure the ONLY image investors have in their mind as they pay 120 dollars per share for a stock with negative earnings and a stated book value of 79 cents is: "THIS COMPANY IS MAKING TONS OF PROFITS, IT IS THE ONLY PROFITABLE INTERNET COMPANY AND SELLS 90 PERCENT OF THE BOOKS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD"

I am not kidding, your average newbie investor who has just learned how to access his charles schwab account through America Online thinks like this. It is the information he/she has been fed, and they don't yet have the skill to research over the net and find out they've been scammed.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
stockpup,

Appreciate your response. If the 60% number is fact, who holds the other 40%? What percentage has Barnes & Noble obtained? Have they gotten 30% already?

Thanks.


Taylor
Print the post Back To Top