No. of Recommendations: 0
Apart from quick exit at Customs when arriving from your destination on say the return journey, does this also entitle you to priority access on your departure through security thereby saving long queue’s? Thx.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
It also gets you TSA Pre-check. Keep your shoes on, don't bother pulling baggies of shampoo out, etc.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-...
No. of Recommendations: 8
Used to be that was the only way to become a "trusted" traveller, but nowadays, the trusted lines are nearly as long as the ones for the unwashed masses.

Jeff
FWIW, I've done two different trips (both domestic), and we flew through security both times. Well, the first one there was a line, but shorter and faster than the main line. Second one there was no line. Walked right up and dumped our stuff on the belt.

Haven't tried it on international yet. Maybe later this year or next year.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't think other countries care about the Trusted Traveler/Global Entry designation from the U.S., but maybe I'm wrong. You don't get a TSA-pre benefit/advantage noted on your boarding pass when you're leaving a foreign country to return home, as far as I know. We certainly haven't gotten it.

We discovered, though, that using the Global Entry upon re-entry into the U.S. is great because the lines are so much shorter but, unless you use only carry-on, you'll still have an extended wait for your luggage.

On domestic-only flights, though, you can use your Global Entry Card as your ID, so you don't have to take out your DL. Not a huge issue, but I like having the risk of losing it taken out of the equation.

Chili
Actually, Global Entry speeds up passage through some US cruise terminals and most US airports when returning from overseas, but doesn't help much on domestic flights.

There are a number of joint programs available to US citizens (generally at additional cost) for "Global Entry type" cards for sue in Amsterdam, the UK, Australia and Canada (using a Nexis card). Probably worth it if you travel frequently to one of these countries, otherwise not so much.

Jeff
I don't think other countries care about the Trusted Traveler/Global Entry designation from the U.S., but maybe I'm wrong. You don't get a TSA-pre benefit/advantage noted on your boarding pass when you're leaving a foreign country to return home, as far as I know. We certainly haven't gotten it.

TSA-pre does not apply to flights starting in foreign countries. It does apply to flights on some foreign carriers that start in the US.

TSA-pre doesn't apply in many small airports.

Even if the line isn't longer, it is still an advantage to not have to take off shoes, belts, light jackets and take out liquids.
No. of Recommendations: 3
As mentioned global entry includes TSA PreCheck for domestic flights.
Departing another country global pre-check does not do anything, because other countries have their own security programs.

Even if you DO check a bag, global entry usually has a separate customs processing line after the passport check.

peace & precheck,
t

Also what ChiliChild said about a separate form of ID and keeping your driver's license in place.
Sorry if I have missed something to my original post but does global entry allow you say leaving from Miami to any International Country allow you to use TSA Pre lines?

Also if it does and because I don’t have it but my wife does who is legally blind,(and obviously I assist her everywhere) would they allow me to go with her?

Failing that we have found that getting a wheelchair helps particularly coming back into Miami and get through customs very fast. But this time my main concern is leaving Miami?
1) global entry allows you when leaving from Miami to any International Country to use TSA Pre lines

2) They will likely allow you to tend to your wife, but may ask you to remove laptop, liquids, etc. (or give you a wave). They normally allow physically challenged to the front of the line regardless.

3) Wheelchair always works

Jeff
Excellent Jeff. Many thx.
1) global entry allows you when leaving from Miami to any International Country to use TSA Pre lines

No, it depends on if the airline participates in TSA-Pre

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/participating-airlines
No. of Recommendations: 3
Well I think that about covers it. Not considering Uganda Air😃
Departing another country global pre-check does not do anything, because other countries have their own security programs.

Except some foreign airports allow you to clear US Customs at departure so Global Entry would be used then. I've started taking the physical card with me because the officials in Toronto wouldn't let me use the GE line without the card even though I could pull up the number for them.