Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks everyone, so much. I was nose-diving and now I've pulled up. I am in Rome. The thing is that I have a little son who just started kindergarten and comes home around 3 so I can only manage a part-time job at least until the fall when he can ride the bus to school and back. As everyone would like to do, I need a job that pays decently and has flexible hours. The English teaching sounds good. I have been trying to do editing for the international organizations but so is everyone else in Rome. I should be using my legal skills. The problem here is that there isn't really a good job market and there are lots of expats looking for jobs. But I am hopeful. In the meantime, we have cut our spending to the bone and are only taking day trips as vacation, which is very nice.

I am also starting a business online with a friend of mine to sell lovely antiques and silver pieces that I find in markets and fix up. I am trying to figure out how to sell on e-bay as well.

I'm also thinking of being a tour guide a s I hear they can make good money and I know Rome in my tramping around with the stroller trying to get my son to take a nap.

I would like to lower my interest on my private loans and credit cards, as these rates make it harder to pay and I am adamant about that-I will pay if I make the last payment on my eightieth birthday (which is how if eels right now). I am afraid of the flexible interest rates as you never know what can happen. Any ideas about that or how to lower credit card rates? Thanks so much.
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.