Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Saturday, September 24th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Naj,

Just wanted to give a belated thanks here to your technical thoughts over the last year or so on Keurig.

I've been struggling with position sizes on my shorts since I took it in the... ahh shorts... on a few poorly (too large) sized shorts last year (GMCR being just one)... had I been able to stomach the M2M losses on all of them I would be up an additional 10% so far this year... but I digress.

Anywho, GMCR I lightened up (near the top of course) to get it back to a sleep-at-night size as part of the clean out last year, but I did add back / top up the weighting in my account rebalancing in Q1 (right around $127 IIRC)... it just seemed too good from all angles. Appreciate all your thoughts.

Now looking to close but not sure when... we'll see. I think the stock could easily leak another 20% but not sure those 20 points belong to me.

Glad that even with my pansy-a$$ poor timing in 2H '14 buying back a block of GMCR at above $140, I'm still well in the black on the trade, in a rising market none-the-less (fun tidbit that I opened the short initially right before the KO announcement... LOL... but then kept adding).

The US market seems quite complacent to me and a lot of the names that folks were flogging as shorts for years while their faces were melted off by the new math of 2% discount rates 4Ever are now ripe for a pounding in selected areas at least.

Keep your wits about you kids.

On a related note, anybody have any ideas of shorts? Any vector is interesting to me; boring business with new competition on the horizon (or here now), wickedly overvalued good businesses, etc etc.

I only have a few small individual shorts right now outside of GMCR (FXCM, & CRM + 2 others that are more special sit type things)... always interested to hear others ideas.

Ben
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.