Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 27
Please pay attention:

Joelsenior is the ruler of GMS. He is not the "former ruler" and as such does not need replacing.

Swimdad is the GMS elder. One cannot be an elder and a ruler at the same time, especially if one has the proclivities swimdad has.

Neither of them is stupid, although swimdad is smarter than Joelsenior.

Gunnar does not think either of them is stupid.

Neither of them thinks that Gunnar thinks either of them is stupid.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
and Red is the sexy, intelligent woman-in-charge.

JB
No. of Recommendations: 4
and Red is the sexy, intelligent woman-in-charge.

JB

That sounds like the trailer from an insipid summer blockbuster.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Thank you, Red.

TD3,
lurking a lot lately
Thank you, Red.

TD3,
lurking a lot lately

Whadup, Dawg?!?

You pick up GS and go eccentric on me??

JB
Your wisdom has reached new levels, Red.
King Salomon would have been proud of your post.

Gunnar
<in awe>
No. of Recommendations: 2
You pick up GS and go eccentric on me??

JB

Nah, I just haven't been at GMS for a while.

You been staying out of trouble?

TD3
No. of Recommendations: 7
Joelsenior is the ruler of GMS......Neither of them is stupid, although swimdad is smarter than Joelsenior.

I dunno about that. JS always insists I'm not part of the GMS thing. I think this is a clever way to avoid the whole who be ruling whom thing. Joelsenior's clever like a big, slow fat guy.

Oh, by the way, red, nice underwear.

-WRG

Draw a toon, why dontcha, it'll last longer.
I dunno about that. JS always insists I'm not part of the GMS thing. I think this is a clever way to avoid the whole who be ruling whom thing. Joelsenior's clever like a big, slow fat guy.

This is because you are really in charge.

Kind of. If anyone is really in charge, that is.

Ascalon
No. of Recommendations: 80
You been staying out of trouble?

TD3

No. Today at lunch, I walked in front of a Tahoe in a Mickey D's parking lot. The woman (driver) appeared to be in a hurry as she edged up and bumped into me (I wasn't in my vehicle).

So I threw my large strawberry milkshake at her windshield. She came out of her vehicle, screaming "I AM GOING TO CALL THE COPS!" I then, very calmly opened up my QP W/Cheese and began to smear it into her grill and on her hood. I said, "Good ahead. I am pretty sure vehicular assault is a felony." I then wadded up my large fry and began smearing salty, fried, mashpotatoey goo on her windows and mirrors.

Once I'd completed that, I calmly walked back in and ordered another #3 meal. The manager (who'd witnessed the whole thing) gave me my second meal for free.

JB -- revenge is good.

WRG is the chief of staff of GMS: ostensibly less power than the ruler, but more actual control.
No. of Recommendations: 6
JB is in charge of the Underworld of GMS.

The prostitution, drugs, illegal gambling, alcohol, etc.

JB -- ruler of the sewers
Once I'd completed that, I calmly walked back in and ordered another #3 meal. The manager (who'd witnessed the whole thing) gave me my second meal for free.

JB -- revenge is good.

JB,

I am laughing like crazy and horrified at the same! Oh, my Gods, that she had the nerve to bump into you with her vehicle, and then to complain when you decorated it!

Some people got all the nerve....

TD3,
still horrified and laughing

That's just pants.

JB -- ruler of the sewers

Well, if you say so, and as long as no one else from the Red Star Underworlds challenges you... but I wouldn't be too sure about the Sunrunner Gang...

Gunnar
<plain gold star>

Wrong.

Jbisme is the assistant manager of GMS. He wears a name tag on his polo shirt to prove it.
The manager (who'd witnessed the whole thing) gave me my second meal for free.

He was probablly terrified of you...

So did the cops come?
Please pay attention:

Joelsenior is the ruler of GMS. He is not the "former ruler" and as such does not need replacing.

Swimdad is the GMS elder. One cannot be an elder and a ruler at the same time, especially if one has the proclivities swimdad has.

Since I have no administrative or supervisory skills to speak of, I will accept your assessment as an accurate statement of our respective duties.

swimdad

P.S. What proclivities?
P.S. What proclivities?

Are those the ones that could have taken WRG's eye out when you swung round too quickly the other day?

Ascalon
No. of Recommendations: 1

Draw a toon, why dontcha, it'll last longer.

Red 1
WRG 0

UKBB

That's just pants.

Can I be in charge of the Underwire of GMS then?

UKBB
No. of Recommendations: 12

Swimdad is the GMS elder. One cannot be an elder and a ruler at the same time,

Got it...

Joelsenior is a measuring device, swimdad is a tree. Makes perfect sense. What can I be?

Palmer (wants to be an inanimate object too)
www.YourWebBuddy.com
Any big customers yet, Palmer?

Dan (kissing up to a future dot-com billionaire)
Any big customers yet, Palmer?

Does Santa Claus count as big? Seriously now, the site is off like a herd of turtles. I'm not promoting it at all yet until I have my merchant account set up to accept credit cards. Hopefully that will be approved next week. Getting rich is a slow process. My biggest news this week is I'm finally in a major search engine, type in yourwebbuddy here... (for some reason yourwebbuddy.com produces no hits, weird)
http://www.google.com

I submitted my site to them April 15th. It takes forever to get in. From what I understand, Yahoo won't even add you anymore unless you use their "Business Express" service for $199 and even then there is no guarantee you will be listed.

I have several good ideas to drum up hits, I just want to be able to accept credit cards before I trudge forward. I think I might offer a free generic start page for the cheapskates, then make money through ad banners. Hopefully some will upgrade to a personalized paid version.

Sorry for rambling...
Palmer
www.YourWebBuddy.com
This reminds me of something that's been bugging me for several weeks. What is the appropriate way to express one's displeasure when confronted with a car straddling two parking spaces, especially in the lower (convenient) levels of a parking structure? I used to just lift their windshield wipers, but it just doesn't get the job done. I once saw an offending SUV with four flat tires in my parking structure, and it just made my day, though I would probably never go that far.

I'm toying with the idea of just getting dropping an ice cream sandwiches on the hood, or perhaps the roof. Too much?

BTW: There are several owners of expensive cars who drive all the way to the top of the parking structure and then straddle two spots; that's completely fine with me because they're putting in extra effort and parking in the relatively unused parts of the structure.

Comments?

---------------

That's nice...

I am the door greeter and welcome wagon...

CaveGirl
p.s. hugs
Palmer (wants to be an inanimate object too)

How about a stud?
Palmer: I'm finally in a major search engine, type in yourwebbuddy here... (for some reason yourwebbuddy.com produces no hits, weird)
http://www.google.com

AltaVista just brought me to a site for sex toys.

swimdad
What is the appropriate way to express one's displeasure when confronted with a car straddling two parking spaces, especially in the lower (convenient) levels of a parking structure?

I just shake fist in air (like itchy) and say (to no one in particular):

http://www.nwwebworks.com/wavs/sounds/vryangry.wav

Works for me.

swimdad

The manager (who'd witnessed the whole thing) gave me my second meal for free.

He was probablly terrified of you...

So did the cops come?

Terrified? No. He was laughing too hard to be terrified.

The cops didn't show while I was there.

JB
AltaVista just brought me to a site for sex toys.

swimdad

Swimmy,

It's yourwebbuddy.com

Not yourwetbuddy.com

JB
JBisme wrote "revenge is good."

Relatively sanguine paraphrase of Gordon Gecko in the movie "Wall Street..." IMHO.

However, JB, be thankful you weren't decorating the Tahoe at a Mickey D's in Texas. They don't threaten to call the cops until after the gunsmoke clears. <G>
However, JB, be thankful you weren't decorating the Tahoe at a Mickey D's in Texas. They don't threaten to call the cops until after the gunsmoke clears. <G>

Richardson, Texas. I have a gun, too.

:) -- JB
Richardson, Texas.

.... but not for long ......

Errin
I have several good ideas to drum up hits, I just want to be able to accept credit cards before I trudge forward. I think I might offer a free generic start page for the cheapskates, then make money through ad banners. Hopefully some will upgrade to a personalized paid version.
Sorry for rambling...
Palmer

I heard that if you put a number at the beginning of your company name you come up before everyone else in the results if they're listed alphabetically...

^
^
^
Free Advice

Good Luck,
Dan
No. of Recommendations: 0
Good ahead?
No. of Recommendations: 0
Huh?