Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
GoCowboys,

I had considered this. I finally spent the time to complete an application yesterday.

BTW: With Citibank, the checking account isn't interest-bearing; but you can open a linked savings account and keep all the cash there.

If I were to use the account for day-to-day transactions, overdraft might be a little bit of a cost though. They charge a $5 annual fee to maintain an open line of credit for overdraft. If I decided to link my savings account for overdraft as well or instead, there is a $5 fee per overdraft.

At the moment, my only interest in this account is to garner the $150 bonus; but I'm open to change my current financial institution. I currently use a local credit union. There list of services and fees look very similar to Citibank's; but the CU has local offices and ATMs while Citibank does not, so Citibank isn't very compelling.

- Joel
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.