No. of Recommendations: 9
. . . and all is right with the world.

Chris Wallace is leaving Fox News.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
. . . and all is right with the world.

Chris Wallace is leaving Fox News.

====================

Wonder if he is heading to CNN to take Chris Cuomo's seat? Wallace would fit right in there and could let his seething liberalism out of the closet.
No. of Recommendations: 5
He’s going to cnn+, their new streaming service. Who in their right mind would pay for that?
No. of Recommendations: 1
Good ol' morphed Chris... used to know what he was talking about, then started drinking his own bathwater and became a born-again his own self person... we haven't watched him for at least the last five years...

I recall way back when some speculated he got the job 20 years ago because he was (@CBS) Mike Wallace's son... (SOME might say he got the job IN SPITE of his dad's name)

Dunno, but I've also read a piece where he was asking/telling his dad to stay away from a story and let Chris have it... I disremember the when's, why's and wherefore's of the dispute, but poppa was not agreeable to his son's request...

You might say father and son were somewhat "estranged"...
No. of Recommendations: 4
<Wonder if he is heading to CNN to take Chris Cuomo's seat?>

He is going (at least initially) to CNN+ which is a streaming service that hasn't started yet.

Of course Fox News has an existing streaming service.

Many of the network's hosts or contributors already have produced new and expanded programming for that service that they could not otherwise do because of time limitations on the main network. Tucker has done lots of really good one hour one on one interviews with people who would normally only get 2-3 minutes on his nightly program.

I am sure that Wallace could have produced his own free form programming for the Fox streaming service if he wanted to. He was already making very good money for a very long time. He is 74 years old and changing networks for the money is kind of lame as he has more than he could ever spend already. I can't imagine Fox putting any restrictions on him as they never did so during his 18 years with the network.

So, what would be the appeal of going to work for Zucker?

There is an old saying that all roads lead to Rome. Since money or artistic freedom are not issues, what makes the most sense? Is it that CNN appeals more to his philosophical POV?

BG
Is it that CNN appeals more to his philosophical POV?

BG

-------------------------

You just might have hit on something!!!

"And Jen Psaki, I think, is one of the best press secretaries ever".... Chris Wallace
"And Jen Psaki, I think, is one of the best press secretaries ever".... Chris Wallace

He’s right - she is awesome. No one is laughing at her the way they laughed at trump’s parade of press idiots.
No. of Recommendations: 2
He is 74 years old and changing networks for the money is kind of lame as he has more than he could ever spend already. I can't imagine Fox putting any restrictions on him as they never did so during his 18 years with the network.

So, what would be the appeal of going to work for Zucker?

There is an old saying that all roads lead to Rome. Since money or artistic freedom are not issues, what makes the most sense? Is it that CNN appeals more to his philosophical POV?

BG

Suppositions:

1. His ratings were dropping(???) at Fox, possibly leading to reduced advertisers, reduced pay, embarrassment?

OR

2. He wants to prove that he "still has it", and will, by sheer dint of his star power pull CNN out of their slide into the dumpster?

Total speculation, both.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I have to say when I saw this in my newspaper this morning, I was shocked. I liked his interviews. I don’t watch FOX 24/7 so I missed the Jen Psaki thing but I dunno, it seems when I watch FOX nows, the commentators are hawking their books which I find off-putting as much as watching MSNBC and CNN for news.

The best news I find is on C-Span and watch events as they happen and make up my own mind.

The world is upside down compared to my younger days with the state of reporting the news. Everyone is a reporter now with their own personal agenda and that’s okay but I just want the news, not their opinion.

Old Dog
<by sheer dint of his star power pull CNN out of their slide into the dumpster?>

Now that is an image that could provide some good laughs.

I have no idea of how his ratings have been trending on Fox over the last couple of years. It could be a factor.

As for his "star power", the streaming service is related to the network, but it is a different animal. The format does not resemble regular programming.

To pull CNN out of the dumpster would require a quantum leap of increased brain function. They didn't land in the smelly land fill by accident. They willingly drove right into it. "Journalistic Integrity" has now become an oxymoron.

Going back to respectability for CNN would probably cause them to lose most of their remaining audience. Apparently, much lower ratings and the loss of revenue that goes with that have not caused them to reevaluate what they are doing.

In the real world a person who presides over a business that sees large losses of customers and revenue would be unemployed before they can inflict any more or even fatal damage to the brand name. The only thing that can offset that would be a sugar daddy who props things up and covers the losses because they like what is being produced.

BG