No. of Recommendations: 1
Goes a bit further than that. It is not the inappropriate relationship. The relationship itself is perfectly appropriate. It is the inappropriate behavior as it relates to the business, the company's response, and the very large insider sales this man is making.

I put that into context that in the end, TDOC is a company that is a conglomerate of more than $650 million in acquisitions, all of it provided by other people's money.

I don't want to be here. If this is going on publicly, what is going on privately? How serious do they take their duty to shareholders? How wedded are they to the business and its future vs. cashing out now?

I am sure the founders still have a big stake, etc., but that being the case, one would not only not tolerate this behavior, one would also not reward it either if the founders had similar concerns that investors should have as to the integrity of this business vs. it perhaps being simply a means to buy revenues and raise the share price.

In the end, this is buying an army of loosely knitted, non-supervised, strangers to the company doctors, and providing a means to enable teleconferences with them. Does not seem terribly like a lot of leverage.

It therefore gives me pause to see this sort of thing going on, having both witnessed, and like many seen from TV and newspapers and movies, how this stuff has gone on frequently in companies that grew rapidly and then fell apart.

Tinker
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.