No. of Recommendations: 0
Sorry about the nature of this post, but maybe others have a similar question.

Does anyone (Siamese, maybe?) know how to buy Golden Power? I'm guessing no ADR has been set up. I've actually had a hard time finding any news/information at all about Golden Power, other than a few articles briefly treating the planned transformation into a vc-type investment arm.

I did eventually discover that one can find daily quotes at http://www.sehk.com.hk/TRD/daily/d000218c.htm (changing the numbers at the end to reflect the current date - the listed URL is for Feb. 18)

My main brokerage is Waterhouse. I somehow doubt they can handle a buy, though I have managed to buy Cheung Wah, Pac Century Cyberworks, and Softbank painlessly through Waterhouse (submitting their ADR symbols, e.g. SFTBF, through online trading).

Anyway, I would be very grateful for any information.
Print the post Back To Top
Does anyone (Siamese, maybe?) know how to buy Golden Power? I'm guessing no ADR has been set up. I've actually had a hard time finding any news/information at all about Golden Power, other than a few articles briefly treating the planned transformation into a vc-type investment arm.

I've had to call both MSDW and Fidelity to execute my orders. These are not ADRs, they are OTC BB Foreign Issues and they often require special requirements such as buying in lots. For example, CWAHF trades in 2000 share lot sizes while EKONF trades in lots of 4000.

So in a nutshell, if you can't get a quote with your current broker, call your broker.

Mike
GDPIF