Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Gonna just sit on my hands for now.

I couldn't. Bought the ROKU dip after hours.

What I find especially amusing are when investors are perplexed when stock doesn't go up after what seems like great ER results.

Not perplexed, but if truth be told, a little disappointed. I haven't listened to the earnings call but I understand the subscriber growth was less than expected. Post-COVID "roll off" of subscribers. I do worry, short term, that when the rent moratorium ends (as it must unless housing is nationalized) and the unemployment bennies end, that families will have to choose between streaming TV and..., say, premium coffee. O.k., I'll put away my rentier hat, your honor, please delete that last statement. And floods in Europe and China and supply chains trashed and COVID resurgence disrupting component production in China.... But isn't the E/S less than 20 and they are making a profit?

Anyway, nothing new, just another insane day in the market. Down day. But, DW up 1.4%. I hate it when she does that. She missed an ATH by $800. And then afterhours it all went to $hit. Me? I could catch a whiff of dark roasted ATH before ROKU imploded. Robinhood? You weren't all-in Robinhood? How could you "screw" that up?

Sigh.

KC
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.