Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Good article Selena. The British skaters mentioned were true skating geniuses, and I loved watching them.

Skating generates love/hate feelings with people. Many of us love figure skating(I am in that crowd). I understand it is a subjective sport, and while that aspect bothers me, I still marvel at what these people can do on ice. Others feel skating is not a sport, and needs to be booted out of the games. I am not going to argue that.

What I will say is that I wish there was a better way to judge the artistry of the skating. But it comes down to taste, and sad to say politics.

I was confused watching the scoring last night. I had no idea what a good score was, except that higher is better. I wish NBC or Dick Button could have given us a clear description of the scoring. Personally I miss the old marks.

Charlie
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.