No. of Recommendations: 0
I have been watching this stock and while it looks good, the price seems to be on a downward trend. Any reason for this? LS
Print the post Back To Top
The stock looks good to me also,thats why I have been holding onto the shares I owne , Bought into again at 59 thinking it was at bottom.I would like to know the reason for the drop also
I'm watching this one also, although I sold my entire position at $66. ARLP's long-term appreciation is impressive and I think energy & raw material stocks still have some legs, but since the NASDAQ meltdown I set stop-loss orders and get out before things get too ugly. Energy can be very sensitive to macro-economic factors and other outside forces.

FWIW, my own personal plan is to wait until a bottom is put in and, if energy still looks attractive, consider re-entering. I won't touch this falling knife until it stops its free-fall. Just my 2c
LateSkater,
Read their first quarter earnings press release--earnings doubled. I bought the shares (not stock, actually, this is a master limited partnership) for the distributions, but the earnings are jumping as well. That means more distributions, since they will pay out most of their earnings in distributions. Thanks to you for making me update my research, I'll probably buy some more. Where else can you find an energy play trading at 10X earnings, paying nearly 5%, with earnings doubling?
Metal 27