Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
My Mexican airports had strong years. PAC (top portfolio position) was up over 45% total returns, ASR up 9%. Consulting companies (Accenture, CTSH) outperformed while Syntel stood pretty steady. Strong dollar helping a number of those (not Accenture).

I underestimated (like many others) how low energy prices would go. I also underestimated how much effect energy prices would have on pipelines. I was underweight energy but the performance of the pipelines was one of the biggest portfolio issues. CNI, WGO, First Cash, and ECOL were other losers. Still holding those, but with WGO reduced. SMJ, NAVG and V were some other winners. Looks like my Baxalta strategy will work out.

Should have had more GOOG in some accts. I do not regret not owning AMZN or NFLX since that would have required violating all of my investment principles.

I have been negative on MNKD (numerous posts) to that effect over the last years. They lost their Sanofi partnership and are in serious trouble. I pretty much knew that product would not succeed based upon what I had seen with Exubera. I have also been consistently negative on VRX, missing the large run-up and the large pullback. Happy to have missed it all. Also was negative on the airline SAVE when it was recommended by one of the MF services. That call was spectacularly wrong for awhile as SAVE shares soared but now they have crashed. Also glad to have missed all of that.

Looking at the current market, it is not cheap. I would rate ATRO, CTSH, APPL and Berkshire as good value. Not many others. My portfolios have gotten unwieldy with the many spin-offs and I need to do some cutting/concentrating.

sw
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.