Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Like Thanksgiving and Christmas and Hanuka ... and every days...

This year, 2020, changes things from a group day to another day at home with your family. A trip to the grocery store can turn into a community chat by meeting two or three neighbors in an aisle (masks on)... and then turn into a drive along the ocean.

A special event is opening an envelope to find a Thanksgiving card written in calligraphy from a good friend... receiving a load of chopped wood for the wood stove from a neighbor... expecting a pie from another neighbor tomorrow.

Where is my energy to do things like those special events? Why can't I travel by plane to our son's house on Christmas? When can we explore new far away places again? Why do I keep doing financial sheets to make decisions that I have already made, but hope to find a better way to make that decision? Why am I re-reading my favorite novels? When will I take longer and longer walks as I should?

The end of this strangeness is near, but, daily, seems far. It's time to just do things that can be done like cleaning up this room and organizing papers; planting iris bulbs and preparing planting areas for next spring; cleaning up the property and making some trips to the dump... physical activities that do not allow such large amounts of thinking...

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow... hope you are happy, full and safe... Anne
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.