No. of Recommendations: 2
Gillibrand/O'Rourke
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sure, let's make it a layup for Trump. Trump's easiest road to a second term arrives courtesy of the mishmash of ridiculous opponents the dems are putting forward. Unless a real choice comes forward, best for the dems to stick with Biden and make that decision very early.
Biden is to old as is my first choice Bernie. A woman at the top is better. My first choice is Abrams but I will stick with what I put up.
No dice. O'Rourke needs more experience before he runs for any higher office.
No. of Recommendations: 1
The problem with judging any potential Dem ticket is that anyone and everyone looks good compared to the incumbent.

I could even be on the ticket.
everyone looks good compared to the incumbent. I could even be on the ticket.

Trump will likely win reelection in 2020
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/421532-trump-will-likel...

very little correlation between a president’s first midterm election and their reelection bid. Case-in-point, Bill Clinton’s party lost 52 House seats in 1994 and Barack Obama’s party lost 63 House seats in 2010, yet both men garnered more than 330 Electoral Votes in 1996 and 2012, respectively.
Even the bookmakers are currently in agreement.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presiden...

The Democrats have already lost the election if they don't come up with an agenda besides no-Trump. Trump has a real message to his core, Democrats have no plan, no message, no chance.
I doubt that Twitler will run in 2020, whether because of Mueller or other investigations, or because of health issues, or other wants.

I'm taken with the idea he tries to cut a deal with Pence to resign say a day early, and Pence then pardons him (federal stuff only, though).

Ken
I'm taken with the idea he tries to cut a deal with Pence to resign say a day early

Yeah, that pretty much sums up everything the Democrats are offering their constituents
No. of Recommendations: 10
O'Rourke needs more experience before he runs for any higher office.

sez a trump supporer?!
The Democrats have already lost the election if they don't come up with an agenda besides no-Trump. Trump has a real message to his core, Democrats have no plan, no message, no chance.

The dems need to develop as attractive a future agenda as the imagined past that Trump supporters believe he'll bring back.
No. of Recommendations: 12
"Yeah, that pretty much sums up everything the Democrats are offering their constituents"

Yeah, why bother fighting evil and incipient fascism? Why pursue American ideals of equality and opportunity and integrity?

Why push for better health care than Twitlercare? Oh, that's right, Twitler and the GOP gave done NOTHING on health care?

BTW, the midterm results suggest that America wants what the Dems are offering and can do when returned to power.

Ken
No. of Recommendations: 3
Yeah, why bother fighting evil and incipient fascism?
Winning over racism, evil, and incipient fascism is the point. No point in fighting a battle that you know you are going to lose. Just pointing at Trump and shouting “evil” is not going to win the WH. There are millions of voters (who voted for him) who don’t particularly like Donald; who don’t like his morals, who don’t like his lies, his associates, character, even his racism and name-calling. They voted for him because he’s been pounding the message that American middle-calls wage earners have been losing out to global competition and Republicans and Democrats are ignoring them. Thousands and thousands of H1B visas workers are being imported to take jobs from American middle-class wage earners.
It’s the Message

BTW, the midterm results suggest that America wants what the Dems are offering and can do when returned to power.
As I pointed out, midterm elections are Not predictive of WH re-elections. True, Democrats have won 41 GOP-held seats for a net gain of 39 seats. Barack Obama’s party lost 63 House seats in 2010, yet won re-election easily. Bill Clinton lost 52 House seats in the mid-term, Bill Clinton won 379 electoral votes in his re-election, clearly a landslide.

In no way am I supporting Donald Trump. Democrat candidates are far too focused on the Party Machine, and the party line, that there is more "Bling Bling” than substance. Donald, I agree lacks substance, but there is a perceived substance, maybe just a glimmer of hope is all these swing voters need. I mean, heck, Hillary is talking about running again. It’s all about the party machine.
And…
Chasing Trump with investigations will not win elections. Clinton’s job approval ratings shot up to as high as 81% during the end of the impeachment process.
And…
Identity politics will not win elections. You ought not sell tribalism in America, it doesn’t work.
What have you don for me lately is the message that people in Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, NH, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Texas, Arizona, Colorado, and all the areas where jobs are an issue. Don’t give me Hillary or Biden. All their time in office these voters watched there opportunities waste away.

That is the point.
#45 will be primaried and lose bigly before the elections even start