Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Good for you! My husband and I feel the same way about moving.
We lived on Long Island for decades and then hubby lost his job and we had to relocate to Rhode Island just to keep going. He worked off and on until the age of 65 1/2 and then he quit. He could no longer work those 12 hour days. We moved 200 miles from NY to a little town on the coast of Massachusetts. My daughter lives down the block with our two grandkids. If they ever decided to move, we will not follow them. We love this town and our neighbors are wonderful.
I think happy people can be happy most anywhere.

------------

We moved from Alabama to Washington State. From there to California. We are in California right now. And I find myself wishing for WARMER weather still. Not sure why... I used to like cooler weather... but the older I get, the warmer I want it. Still... it's hard to beat California. Never thought I would end up here - yet here we are.

AM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.