No. of Recommendations: 3
Good grief, what world do you live in? Do you really think that poor people should not have access to tv? That in their lives of living month to month or check to check, they shouldn't be able to avail themselves of the one cheap entertainment/education venue left to them? Would you really recommend that kids be brought up in a household without access to tv and the internet?

have you flipped through the cable TV lineup lately?

i watch PBS about half the time, which of course is available to most people over the regular airwaves.

i don't begrudge the poor their ability to watch Jersey Shore or ESPN

But for those who find themselves able to afford cable, could we please just cut their government checks by the amount the cable TV costs? I don't think I should be paying for it. If they feel like they have enough to buy cable, then they have more than enough benefits. The benefits are intending to cover major necessities like food and basic utilities.
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.