No. of Recommendations: 0
Good luck! I wonder if a lot of landscape plants (which people won't go to that effort to save) may be lost.

People here cover most of their landscape plants when we get the rare freeze. When I've taken my bike rides in the morning these past 4 days, I ride past yard after yard with every plant covered in blankets and sheets. People who haven't been through a Phoenix freeze forget to protect their plants once. Then they either get in the habit of covering the replacement plants or they stop buying fragile plants.

But I've never experienced more than two days in a row of freeze since I've lived here. Each day, there is less warmth from the ground that the plants get to use during the night. So even though I did more to try to protect my plants than I've ever done before, I still suffered quite a bit of loss. I'm guessing I'll see a lot of dead plants in people's yards next week.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.