Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
Good morning JLC!

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I know I need at least an e-fund. My initial start-up is with the hopes of starting an e-fund, the first I will have in years, and progress to retirement fund somehow.

I will start looking for taxable accounts at least.

For background, there is a SSA program called "Ticket to Work" for the disabled who hope to return to work. There is quite a bit of information and choices to make for those who participate. The disabled have certain options including a trial work period, income restrictions, and additional transition period to provide incentives and support to get people off disability without fear of losing everything by trying to regain full independence. A brief outline on the SSA site about maximum income restrictions and the trial work period:

Thank you,
Lois Carmen D.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.