No. of Recommendations: 1
Good morning Miss Ottis,

You said; I'm still shaking my head over the Fool taking the side of the big boys vs. the small Fools who think for themselves.

TMF Max( Bill Barker) is one Foolish writer working for The Motley Fool, and I don't think he was speaking for the company. I don't agree with him and I'm sure other Fools disagree with him too. I think he was writing as an attorney and rendering his "own opinion". But was that published opinion also a "rush to judgment"?

Bill said:

At bottom, I just don't get this one -- nevertheless, I wish CS First Boston luck on its pursuit.

Admitting that he didn't know all the facts, why he would have put that line in his article is beyond me. The Motley Fool champions message boards discussions and individual investor analysis.

However, in Bill's defense it seems that he was trying to say that if a poster wants to engage their First Amendment rights with no fear of having a Wall Street firm or publicly traded company pursue legal action against them, they should remember to aim their hostility toward the analysis, not the analyst.

Thank you for your very thoughtful post.

Keep Foolish and Prosper,

Spirit
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.