Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The Knot is teaming with the Today show for a summer series on planning weddings which should give them some needed publicity.

US News and World Report did not include The Knot when doing a story about online wedding planning in their most recent issue.

Given the story was small and the Today show is big, I think The Knot made out okay.
Print the post Back To Top
Adding $0.02 here - "Today" series debut looked good - really cute couples, entertaining. If this series catches on with public, it probably won't be "Survivor" but might get some badly needed attention to KNOT. We'll see. Clearly the Net sector is out of sector - with darned good reason! (few still yet making $, the e-brokers being the notable exception as Barrons recent update on cash burn rates noted) But KNOT's losses did drop last quarter - can they maintain some discipline? Does anyone know if the entire cost of buying weddingpages is already worked into the quarterly #'s or will it be spread out? Being human rather than vulcan, we all must have our "what the heck" bets in addition to our regular buy-n-hold long term stocks, I guess KNOT is one of mine. But am betting that they might survive, make $ even!?, and emerge as a mkt. leader for its biz - AOL or YHOO it won't be - but if KNOT becomes a brand name and holds its ground - and stock price goes up!!! - then I'm happy (and relieved). Hopefully the Fools won't shut this board just yet - again, wait and see (but wouldn't bet the ranch either, honestly - just keep a small side bet and wait). I bought earlier at 4 3/8 and crossing my fingers. Other thoughts? Good luck, and click the heels of your red ruby slippers three times (just in case).

gp
"Today" series getting 100,000+ hits on voting for wedding items for Peter and Melanie - KNOT's Carley Romey offering interesting choices to vote on. Will be vital to check how series affects KNOT's traffic. Stock inching up to 4. Note (plea) to TMF's - don't dump this bd. just yet - and moi definitely NOT a freewheeling trader - am mostly a DRIP holder big into NOK, HD, LU, XOM, etc. with my monthly automatic purchases - SFA being most volatile pick so far (but happy!). So why holding some KNOT??? Betting on potential mkt. dominance for their niche - and their biz model does aim to spread beyond Net only (weddingpages) - and their cash burn still just over 24 months (barron's update). If they don't fly, well, maybe QVC will buy 'em out. Doing Fool analyses here still probably would give low marks, but isn't being patient part of the formula - not going for pure momentum, stocks d'jour? Time will tell (which comes first - profits or cash bye bye?). And if this board goes bye bye, well, see y'all over at HD. Thoughts?

gp
The volume has been suprisingly low for KNOT this past week. I was hoping for a bit of exposure to push this stock up a point or two. I do realize that it will be pushed up a point or two only with some profitability but I can alway dream! I continue to hear good things about KNOT but I am a LTBH on this baby so I'll stick to my guns...that is if she's still around for the long term.
-still unafraid