Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't follow sports except for the winter Olympics, but every four years, I get fired up with Olympics enthusiasm.

The problem is, I don't always know enough about the different sports to follow them very well. I'll be watching the luge or skiing or speed skating, and I won't know what the scores mean, or whether there's a preliminary run first, or whether it's 2 out of 3, or whatever. And the commentators don't always do a great job in explaining this stuff - they seem more interested in sob stories about American athletes.

Anyway, I would love to find a resource that explains this stuff clearly, for each sport. I looked on the newsstand today to see if there was a special magazine for the Olympics, but there was nothing. (There's an entire magazine devoted to fantasy baseball, but the Olympics only get 2 pages squeezed in between football and basketball?)

I've also been looking online, but I haven't found anything like what I'm looking for. The NBC olympic pages have a lot of information, but there are so many flashing ads and videos that jump up at you that I can't find much information. I'd love to find something simple and printable so I could refer to it while watching the events.

Any suggestions?

Karen
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.