Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Good point. dewitt came up with a 52 for Outback when he/she compared it to 3 steakhouses in post #2947. when Ryan's and Rare Hospitalities were replaced by Cheesecake Factory and McDonald's, the score dropped to 46 (post 2938). My score of 47 used LoneStar, Ryan's and Darden (Red Lobster, Olive Garden) (post 2935).

I'm still not convinced that the fair comparison (steakhouses only) is the safest way for me to make an investment decision.

I think Outback looks like it has some good potential as an investment, but, IMHO, I think this is an instance where we need to look at their stats in light of other rulemakers (see the recent disucssion on the auto industry). The low margins are the biggest worry to me, and while seeing cash increase so much is great, I'd like to see the trend continue awhile.

FoolRM

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.