Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Good, pretty much has to be done outdoors at least..

I gave away a heavy duty charger several years ago, before I had considered cast recovery. I used to follow an old tools, heavy tools, forum, maybe it was on Yahoo, and the guys there were doing larger pieces, some nice results as I recall, so when I read the article above it all fits... Not to much of a leap to go to plating things as well, just messy!

Many years ago, like in the 1960s, I worked in a sheet metal sign shop here in town, they did relay racks for IBM, others, so they had huge (to me) tanks for 'Bonderizing', maybe 30 feet long, 3 feet wide, heated by big burners beneath.. I think there were 4 of the tanks, an overhead crane... and they could do plating in the last stage as well... Big & messy... Lots of chemistry, end result was a clean, ready for paint (after baking) sign or relay rack.. But, they laid me off one too many times, I moved on into Western Electric Installation... Later they were bought, collapsed... good I had left, in the end..
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.