No. of Recommendations: 2
Good thing this thread is labeled OT, because I'll have to get political here.

<I would like to think the American public is ready to listen to a politician who says, at least, we have a problem and we need to fix it and that means taking conservation seriously>

I disagree with this statement...pending the next election. Seven years of GWB promising alternative energy, but NOT giving serious incentives for conservation, with a win in 2004, tells me that the winning political professionals judge that the American public is NOT ready to vote for a serious conservation president.

<I would vote for anyone who says: here is a list of real scary problems this country is facing in the not too distant future and I want to find ways that solve those problems in the real world and I'm telling you any of my opponents who tell you you can have your cake and eat it too are lying.>

Good thing you aren't running for president, Loki. You would get my vote, but precious few others.

Wendy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.