Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Good to hear from all of you. I was working on my retirement plan the other day and it was amazing.

Yea, I know I retired almost 18 years ago but every day is the first day of retirement is how I look at it. Anyway, at the end of 1978, my total retirement assets were, well, zero. By the end of 1979, I had put away a whopping $515.42. I was already 33 years old. A lot has changed since then and it's almost all good. I managed to save enough to retire at 56. Since then, my assets have more than doubled.

My right knee replacement went OK as those things go. Kneeling is a problem so it is a good thing I don't go to church. The arch on my leg foot has sort of collapsed, leaving my posterior tibial tendon in a state of distress but my Arizona brace keeps me chugging along. Got a tooth or two bothering me and I will keep you guys in the loop.

Like you, Sally, arthritis in my hands is becoming an issue, but for me that is not all bad. I have finally renounced manual labor forever. As we speak, my excellent Brazilian yard guy is getting rid of the rest of the leaves.

Just got back from Boston and visiting kids and grandkids. They all seem to be thriving. Will be in Seattle for the holidays with my other grandson and may hook up with two recently discovered second cousins, one of whom supplied me with a history of my father's ancestors stretching back to 16th century Maryland. They were Quakers, Irish or English... who knew? They meandered south and then west. Davey Crockett worked for one of my ancestors and actually traded his musket to them in exchange for a horse which he needed to go courting some gal. My peeps, being Quakers, has no use for the gun and sold it. It still exists.

Now getting over not being Spanish, but, notwithstanding, I am going to be exploring Andalusia in March, after which I may just chill out for a while.

Stay well everyone and have a great holiday season.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.