No. of Recommendations: 1
Good to know you/they are actually engaging with the students on investing. I remember that discussion at the Berea event and I was hoping something would come of it. $100,000 is a nice kitty for an investment club--and I hope the students bought some STMP!

The Berea club will be a win-win-win for the students, the college endowment, and TMF. You know, I think teaching/learning investing is a great complement to a liberal arts college curriculum. Absolutely every history, philosophy, literature major should learn the basics, IMO.

I'm sure if one of the HQ Fools puts together a prototype 'kit' on how to educate and engage students in investing for other colleges the schools would have a lot of interest in implementing it--either on a club or class level.

Fool on! J.

BTW, nice pic of you at the lectern. I didn't know you owned a coat and tie!?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.