Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
United announced today that their miles won’t expire. And many airlines will now allow bikes as a checked bag without an additional fee. Rumor has it that United will be joining them in the not too distant future.

I have been surprised a couple of times by airlines where I had miles that hadn’t expired from a long time ago, including miles transferred to me by Continental from my husband’s accounts after he died. Back then,he was required by his employer to have separate accounts for work and leisure. Work miles could only be used to upgrade IIRC. However, he got a certificate for a local dept store from work trip and the employer allowed him to keep and use it - which bought a new winter jacket for one of the kids.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.