Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Goofy,

I'm assuming that you have an RV and not a Trailer given the price you mentioned?

I would just be checking the sidewalls for evidence of dry rot. If there are any cracks or dry rot, I would definitely replace them.

Here in the Desert SW, we're lucky to have a set of tires last for more than a couple of seasons. The heat just kills them. Thankfully, I replaced all 4 tires on our trailer about 5 years ago and they are still pretty good. I have to add some pressure to them as the stems leak a bit.

If we planned on a long trip, I would consider replacing them, but since most of our trips are only a couple of hundred miles, I think we're good.

HereIGo
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.