Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
You done well. In the rarified air of The Feste Award top four, separating each is cigarette-paper thin. But what was it that placed you at this position? A misplaced modifier? A misspelling? Did you miss because of a prepositional ending?

Anyway, you're number one in my book.

MichaelR

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Anyway, you're number one in my book.

You say that now, but I bet it'll be a different story in the morning!

Nancy
No. of Recommendations: 4
But what was it that placed you at this position? A misplaced modifier? A misspelling? Did you miss because of a prepositional ending?

It was probably his suggestion that the Feste award was really a TMF conspiracy to figure out who the most popular posters were before they went to a pay format so that they could comp them to draw paying subscribers.

Oh, wait, I said that? Well, TMF has always been a company that was open to come criticism, and I'm sure that they won't get too mad at me and enact any revenge for pointing ou
No. of Recommendations: 24
You done well. In the rarified air of The Feste Award top four, separating each is cigarette-paper thin. But what was it that placed you at this position? A misplaced modifier? A misspelling? Did you miss because of a prepositional ending?

If you look at the turning points in history, you will rarely find that it is the result of a "single" cause. Indeed, Lincoln became the great President because a) the South overreacted and seceded, b) he waited to free the slaves until it didn't look like a desperation move, c) Grant changed tactics, d) England and France didn't join the South's effort, e) and so on.

Similarly great tragedies rarely turn on a single point. The collapse and destruction of the South Fork Dam in Johnstown, PA, for instance was because a) the dam was poorly sited, b) improperly reconstructed after an earlier collapse, c) poorly maintained, d) signs of impending failure were ignored, and e) other stuff.

But what was it that placed you at this position?

This tragedy began with a) some moron nominating me, b) more morons voting for the 10 finalists, c) even more morons voting in the finals, and d) undoubtedly some rigged vote counting in the backroom.

That I should have even appeared in the Final 10 is a testament to the idiocy of the exercise.

However, as you may have noticed, I put a lot of extraneous and irrelevant information in my posts, and apparently some people like that. Also making analogies such as likening this vote to "turning points in history" such as "Lincoln" and "The South Fork Dam Collapse" just sort of proves my point.