Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
CMGI, CDO, the Internet Fund and other gorillas are discussed at: http://cbs.marketwatch.com/archive/20000228/news/current/clueless.htx?source=htx/http2_mw&dist=send
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Those ain't Gorillas...Gorillas are hairy, and have big feet.

CMGI doesn't even have feet!

rex

And they're a lot better looking than your average CEO.
I find your reply high on metaphor and low on content. Could you please give some facts to support disregarding one of the major internet incubators? Thank you.
No. of Recommendations: 1
stvfox,

Have you read the book entitled "The Gorilla Game"? I think that you will find a company business model such as CMGI's is a different game away from the gorilla game. If you've read the book, you surely understand this 'bigger picture' view of it.

Best to view it from the context of a Godzilla Game, although you have to flavor that with the fact that the incubators of Godzillas might be an ever changing game in and of itself.

Regardless, since my daughter has owned shares of CMGI for a few years now - we're enjoying the benefits of being shareholders. Well at least I am, she's only 4 so doesn't really have a grasp on the enjoyment part of it yet.

BB

Thank you for the info--I really had not considered whether CMGI was a gorilla or godzilla or simply wonderful. In any case, my previous post referred to an article in which it looks like Northpoint Communications (NPNT)is a possible future gorilla, although Emulex (EMLX) might look somewhat better. I really am interested in opinions based on facts rather than excessive metaphor. Also, value investors please spare us bulls the warnings of future doom (six years of failure and wrong way predictions might temper any such latent tendencies). Please comment on NPNT vs. EMLX.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Please comment on NPNT.

What qualifications do you see, in terms of a gorilla game, do you see Northpoint Communications as having?

If you have read the book, you would understand facts and metaphor mentioned on this board.

BB
hokieharry;

You've discovered what many people have known since money came into being: if someone has (generates) enough of it, they look look good, regardless of their physical appearance.

Carl
hokieharry;

You've discovered what many people have known since money came into being: if someone has (generates) enough of it, they look look good, regardless of their physical appearance.

Carl