Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Have a date tomorrow night (I hope - right now still no babysitter for tke kidlet).

Met through eHarmony - no picture - but my gut isn't telling me this is an issue. Not feeling overly nervous. I asked her - she accepted. She has volunteered her phone and real e-mail address to me, that takes some trust and interest. Last phone call was 90 minutes, good sign, not a crazy amount of time on the phone though.

We are going to an outdoor concert (rather not say who for privacy reasons, identifies the venue).

1) Struggling on what to wear. It's going to be warm (80+ degrees) but shorts etc. tend to reveal all, including my pasty white legs LOL. Not going to wear a turtleneck either but still, struggling big time on this one.

2) It is a general seating event. Don't want to get there to early but of course don't want to be sitting in the last row - can't figure out any way to balance the two. Is arriving 30 to 45 minutes early too much or too little time? Have no idea on the state of ticket sales - but my GA ticket is issued for section A, row 1, seats 39 & 40 (which is meaningless other than to say if it was assigned seating, I'd be in the first row on stage right - too bad it's not assigned seating!).

If she turns out to be just utterly repulsive due to personality, hygeine, or to a lesser extent looks (I'm not shallow), I'll just suck it up and enjoy the concert - it is one of my favorite artists and I didn't want to go solo.

We are meeting at a public venue prior to the concert near by.

Advice from the class appreciated - one kind of funny point - she's 4'11" - I'm 6'1" - LOL!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.