Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Got a record player but 90% of the record collection hit the dust years ago - like 10 or 15 years ago. It needs a new drive belt. Hooked up to the 40 year old AM/hi-fi stereo amp that still works. Seldom listen to radio. Good classical 50 KW FM station here in Dallas that reaches out 100 miles. My hearing has gotten worse and worse, and with the hearing aids, music sounds like crap.

Got an old CD player too..... and 40 or 50 CDs not used.

Got a boom box type cassette player. Same thing - 30-40 tapes and don't use it.

I'm to the point where the closed captions are essential.

well, getting old is no fun but the alternative is worse.

Yeah, I got a VHS player from 1983 - weights about 25 lbs and still works. One of the original RCA VHS machines built like a battle ship. Only have 3 or so tapes left. Just sits on hi-fi shelf taking space.

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.