Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Best buying opportunity of the year with S&P around 1190. I love these kind of corrections when I'm sitting on cash!

-Cheryl
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Was just thinking similar, Cheryl - what's on your list?

Vince
Good day to sell puts....CRL, ESV, etc. Thinking of just going long the market via SSO. I'd still like to see sub 1200 S&P before I do anything. Might not get it but one can hope....Cheryl
Shopping day!

I'm not much for the options like Cheryl (more power to her but I haven't had success with them).

Today I shorted VXX and longed WMT, each 5% positions.

WMT not very SPOPPy I know. But it is cheap and everyone hates it. And unlike MSFT people are going to keep buying their stuff. And they are buying back BOATLOADS of shares. And paying a nice dividend. Ok I'll stop.

-TK
No. of Recommendations: 3
I like watching WMT. It's a great proxy for the economy. Bernanke tells you everything is just fine and WMT tells you the only thing people are buying is food.

Who do you believe? A kuncklehead economist who said "green shoots" were forming in the economy right before the biggest crisis in modern history in 2008? Or...the CEO of WMT where half of America shops every week and has the best distribution and technology of any company in the world?

The stock is flat since 1999. Even though it's been creamed the last few days, the relative strength is picking up. Someday this looks like it could be a huge winner again.
John, thanks! The problem with the Bernank and others at that level is that they can't tell the truth. He has to say la la la, and that's even for a guy who is far more clear than Greenspan.

I like the WMT analogy. "Whom do you believe, me or your own eyes?"

Exactly.

Best, Tom