Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Gotta do what you gotta do. Good thing Obama isn't doing anything to threaten her ability to consider concealed carry as an option.

Sure...

http://www.gunbanobama.com/

March 25, 2004(3 of 3)

Votes to Uphold Prosecution of People Using Guns in Self-Defense

Illinois Senate, SB 2165, March 25, 2004, vote 20

Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Provides that it is an affirmative defense to a violation of a municipal ordinance that prohibits, regulates, or restricts the private ownership of firearms if the individual who is charged with the violation used the firearm in an act of self-defense or defense of another. Effective immediately.

----

April 27, 2004(1 of 1)

Says He Continues to Oppose Concealed Carry

Obama explained the motivation for his vote:

"I didn't find that [vote] surprising. I mean, I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry," Obama said. "This was a narrow exception in an exceptional circumstance where a retired police officer might find himself vulnerable as a consequence of the work he had previously done--and had been trained extensively in the proper use of firearms."

----

October 17, 2006(1 of 1)

Says "I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities."

I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities, and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manufacturers' lobby - but I also believe that when a gang-banger shoots indiscriminately into a crowd because he feels somebody disrespected him, we've got a moral problem. There's a hole in that young man's heart - a hole that the government alone cannot fix.”

----

April 2, 2008(1 of 1)

Says "I am not in favor of concealed weapons"

He differs with McCain and Clinton about whether people should be allowed to carry concealed guns. Clinton and McCain oppose outlawing it.

"I am not in favor of concealed weapons," Obama said. "I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations."

Obama and Clinton agree on most issues, NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandom said.

----

February 8, 2011(1 of 2)

At the U.N.: Agreement Signed with Anti-Gun Group IANSA

We are delighted to announce that on 8 February, IANSA signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA).

The MoU paves the way for closer cooperation and joint activities. These include capacity building, training programmes, awareness-raising strategies and the promotion of effective civil society participation in relevant UN meetings, mainstreaming gender and diversity in the field of arms control, disarmament, peace and security.

IANSA is against ALL civilian gun ownership, which certainly predludes concealed carry.

----

March 15, 2011(2 of 3)

Looks For Ways Around Congress on Gun Policy

Faced with a Congress hostile to even slight restrictions of Second Amendment rights, the Obama administration is exploring potential changes to gun laws that can be secured strictly through executive action, administration officials say.

The Department of Justice held the first in what is expected to be a series of meetings on Tuesday afternoon with a group of stakeholders in the ongoing gun-policy debates.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.