Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
This really is an awesome book! Thanks ChezJohn fer turnin' me onto this book and fer all'a the hard werk y'all went through to get me a copy...Autographed even!

There are some wonderful stories in there about BBQ History, whether Kansas City related or not. The pics are awesome! Haven't gotten into the recipes yet, but I have already read almost half the book and I didn't git it until 'bout 4pm today.

However, after a coupla quick skims through the book, I still ain't seen no pics or references of ChezJohn. Whut's up wif dat!!?? <g>

Thank You ChezJohn!!!

ßillƒ

...13th book down, left side...

www.hawgeyesbbq.com/BBQ-Books.html

www.hawgeyesbbq.com/kcbooklg.jpg
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Wow, they have a lot of books on Barbecue!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the link
No. of Recommendations: 1
Grand Barbecue Book by Doug Worgul

*silly me* I gots the title wrong...

It's...

The Grand Barbecue Book by Doug Worgul

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hey bookie71,

Wow, they have a lot of books on Barbecue!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the link

Yer welcome, but y'all's gotta give ChezJohn credit fer that link since it's a Buddy of his that he's listed here before.

And, yes, he does offer a LOT of BBQ related books, and more.

Summa the books I've heard/read that are worth purchasing are...

Smoke and Spice by Bill Jamison

Smokestack Lightning by Louis Eric Elie

The Grand BBQ by Doug Worgul (...duh...;-))

Barbecue Bible by Steven Raichlen (...I have this one also...great book!...)

Championship BBQ by Paul Kirk

And, y'all might wanna look through these recs as well;

www.bbqfools.com/BBQFAQ.php#A

And, C.J.V. reviewed “The Best Recipe, Grilling & Barbecue” by the editors of Cook's Illustrated fer us some time ago;

www.bbqfools.com/BBQFAQ.php#AA

www.amazon.com/Best-Recipe-Grilling-Barbecue/dp/0936184515

Hey, looky there...I'm number 28 on a Google search fer this book...

www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22The+Best+Recipe%2C+Grilling+%26+Barbecue%22

<BG>

And I bet there are other books werth readin' as well, but those are the ones I've heard of so far.

I bet summa the other BBQ Fool Experts here kin give y'all a betterer selection than I kin. :-)

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 3
Glad you like the book, Bill ~ you now own an autographed piece of Kansas City BBQ history.
For good solid, traditional bbq recipes ... you can't beat Paul Kirk's books. I think he's the best.

The Kansas City BBQ Society has also published several *compilation* BBQ cookbooks, and those are excellent bbq cookbooks.
BTW, I finished readin' that book today and the stories are wonderful! Easy to read and told well enough to make you feel like you're right there as they're describing different BBQ Joints & Foods, the people, contests, and cities.

Only one glarin' problem with that book...Ain't no mention of ChezJohn anywhere!!

ßillƒ