Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello all,

I am not usually one for plugging companies in this particular forum, but DP and I have been exploring consolidation with a company called Graduate Leverage. You won't be receiving direct mail from them, because they just don't do those hard-sell marketing tactics. I was introduced to them when our student government organization at law school brought them in to talk to us about our loan repayment options (this was separate from exit counseling).

Anyway, their site is worth going to if for not other reason than they have flash presentations that quickly and clearly explain the ins and outs of consolidation, when you can do it, when you should do it, and they have different presentations for different kinds of students -- law, med, graduate, undergrad, etc. I was kicking myself for not knowing the information four years ago when we really could have used it for DP's med school loans, but it's still better late than never. DP got the shaft with the single-lender rule when she tried to consolidate a few years ago, but this company is helping us get around it (legitimately, of course). It will lower our monthly payment considerably and the rate will be much better.

They are also now offering private loan consolidation, and I can vouch for the fact that they are looking out for students' best interests rather than their own, because they crunched my numbers and told me in no uncertain terms that I shouldn't do it.

Here's the link: http://www.graduateleverage.com/

mhiccup,
who swears she is not being paid for this glowing recommendation
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.