Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Great discussion!

and more food for thought. I am still struggling with 'proper' allocation and the question when to sell or hold onto a winner (or loser that may yet become a winner).

Peter Lynch has missed out on many multi-baggers and still was able to produce 30% annualized performance

To keep things in perspective, let us not overlook that Mr. Lynch's record of outperforming the market averages while managing the FidelityMagellan fund was achieved during one of the longest periods of advancing prices in stock market history. His record of a 29%-30% annual return remained largely untested since he resigned in March of 1990 at the ripe old age of 46 “for personal reasons” and before an extended period of market decline. A few years ago I read a scathing critique of his private investments after he resigned from the Magellan fund. Most of his new acquisition were penny stocks, almost all of them losers and not a single winner among the lot. This is not to say that I did not enjoy his books or found his advice useless.

im
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.