Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 16
Greetings everybody...

Don't mean to inject politics into the board but I thought that as present or potential real-estate investors, we have an interest in the eminent domain debate.

My take: If gov't needs my property for a highway, school, etc and pays me fair money to get out of town, fine. Sh** happens. HOWEVER, for a gov't to take one's property, for the purpose of giving to another PRIVATE interest is just plain wrong. The recent Kelo v London decision makes it legal to do just that. Anyway.... kudos to BB&T bank!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/business/20060126-122358-6764r.htm

"BB&T Corp., the second-biggest bank in the Washington area, said yesterday that it will not lend money to developers who plan to build commercial projects on land taken from private citizens through the power of eminent domain."

That's great. Due to this I'm going to give BB&T serious look and transfer some business to them.

I believe that private property is a catalyst that gives you, I, and other 'normal people' the keys to reaching critical mass in an era when mega-corporate-multinational-ish firms continue to grow stronger. Property rights ought to be protected for the average American.

Jedi

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.