Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Print the post Back To Top
Real Democrats vote Boston.

Idealists with no pragmatic instincts cannot build consensus, and are prone to despotism.

Who has Ralph been able to convince of his programs? Politics is about give and take, and representing a multitude of constituencies, not just a vision that has not been tempered outside the confines of theory.

Ralph is a good gadfly, but he's one voice among many competing voices, though he may have a more democratic-little-'d' vision for the future of the country.

Politics is a skill, and *must* accompany and complement ideology, not compete with it. That's why I thought Perot would have been a bad president as well. A business is not a country. Ultimately, Perot is able to say "my way or the highway" in his business, but that doesn't work in government. Perot never convinced me that he could face a competing and valid interest, and have the skills to negotiate around the two. All I saw was the homespun homily-laden "common sense" as his main appeal, and funny enough, that's what I think dubya sees as his strength. Common sense may work as a grounding, but not in using political skill to accomplish those "common sense" goals (without lying, of course).

If Kerry could reach consensus with McCain over Vietnam, that's probably one of the most emotionally-charged tests of ability I can imagine, knowing their different experiences.

I believe Kerry can do the same for our country.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Mason...

Im glad you support Kerry's compromises on NAFTA, GATT, WTO.

Im glad you support him pitting American workers against lower wages abroad, and I agree...KERRY is your man if you support that.

Im also glad that you and Kerry not only support destroying middle class wages with these policies, but then you won't let their kids get a school voucher for a private school so maybe, just maybe that kid can climb out of the middle class blues. But NO, like crabs in a bucket you Liberals will pull them down right before he gets out of the bucket.

While I really want Bush to win and while it would be painful to see the streets of Paris, or the terrorists celebrating, IM cool with a Kerry win now also. Let Kerry bury the middle class. Sure he will tax the rich, but the INCREASE of labor supply due to more displaced middle class workers will MORE than make up for the tax hike. Also, it will be fun to watch faithful Democrat voters 'adjust' to new realities.

Dont blame me. By support Kerry you support these policies.

Gas at $3.00 Mortgage rates up. More immigrants. More outsourcing.

Bring it on Senator Kerry.

Jedi
Most of your objections are merely opinions, and not supported by the record.
Attention middle class:

those of you who claim to have lost a job or taken a lower paying job due to NAFTA, GATT, or WTO are merely stating opinions.

Mason and his LLL friends know better.

Jedi
Attention middle class:

those of you who claim to have lost a job or taken a lower paying job due to NAFTA, GATT, or WTO are merely stating opinions.

Mason and his LLL friends know better.

Jedi

Bush, Chao, Snow, and Mankiw have done more to harm the middle class, ship their jobs overseas, and reward companies for doing just that, that you can ever imagine Kerry has done, even in your most fevered dreams.

But everything's OK if Bush is re-elected. I get to go back to community college.
Mason...

You still don't address the fact that Kerry has supported the very policies screwing the whole livelihoods of the middle class today.

The middle class deseves what Clinton and Kerry have done to them.

Jedi
Mason...

You still don't address the fact that Kerry has supported the very policies screwing the whole livelihoods of the middle class today.

The middle class deseves what Clinton and Kerry have done to them.

Please... under Clinton the US had the greatest expansion of the economy and the middle class the country has ever seen, even under NAFTA, and the WTO and GATT have been around for ages.

You're going to have to find another bogeyman to hang your hat on, unless, of course, you're going to admit that Clinton was more capable on the economic front wrt trade agreements than Bush and company seems to be.
Please... under Clinton the US had the greatest expansion of the economy and the middle class the country has ever seen,

Not just due to the greatest expansion of schemes like Enron, either. There was a lot of valid expansion as well.

Keith
You mean you think it's a good post because you are a Bush Supporter.

http://fireboards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21536468