Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
My diabetes is officially in remission. I went to the Dr today for my follow-up visit after the high calcium and LDL, and he said that based on my new HbA1C and fasting sugar test results compared to my previous results 5 weeks ago, I no longer am diagnosed with adult onset Type II diabetes. This means I can drop my expensive COBRA insurance and go with a cheap basic health emergency coverage without worrying about pre-existing coverage when I find new employement.

The Dr also said I can drop the low-carb diet as long as I remember to eat a healthy balance of fruits and vegetables and lay off the burgers and fries. Apparently, the second blood test last month was actually not the result of a lost vial but a retest because the lab could not believe the first set of results. They are now analyzing my blood sample for some indication of how I accomplished this feat without any medication (other than a morning dose of Lisinopril and 80mg apirin). I could be responsible for a major medical discovery that may lead to a cure for all sufferers of diabetes.

Wow, this is a great day, kind of like being on a sugar high!

Fuskie
Who hopes everyone has such a happy and wonderful April Fools day...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.